This page will contain information about swapping the battery of your low- or mid-tier XPS15 (9530) out for a higher capacity battery (61 wHr -> 91wHr) or changing a top tier model to support multiple hard drives (mSATA + SATA). Currently the parts are not publicly available, but should be soon according to this post by user teh_crab on notebookreview.com:
- As someone currently going through the process now I will update you as to where I stand.
- Our company has just purchased a number of XPS 15 (9530)'s as a replacement to our older Dell Laptops - the mid-tier version was decided upon (1TB + 32gb Cache mSATA accompanied by the 61WHr 6-Cell Battery) because we work closely with a SSD supplier and have already sourced them (why spend $500+ upwards on the top tier etc). I have been tasked with removing both the 32gb mSATA and the 1TB and replacing it with the upcoming Samsung Evo mSATAs and the 'upgrade' to the 91WHr 6-Cell Battery.
- I have been in discussions with Dell AU (I can almost guarantee a US resident would have a much easier time) since before Christmas and have finally gotten onto a 'superior' who understands both me, and my company's situation. The latest information to date (this morning) was that the 91Whr 6-Cell Batteries (Part Number: 7D1WJ if anyone is interested) are indeed in stock HOWEVER, since all XPS's are covered by atleast a one year warranty they have not had/see the 'need' to look at selling either the 61WHr/91WHr batteries separately yet (however he mentioned he has already had three separate requests, other than mine, for after-market sale in the last week).
- He has told me that he is urging his superiors to look into the matter, have the batteries added to their 'Sales System' (which FYI has a different Part Number when it goes from replacement to sale) which will open the flood gates for us .
- I hope this has helped understand the situation better - I'd love to hear other peoples experiences/success stories!
Currently the only information available is that the part number is 7D1WJ. The parts between the XPS15 (9530) and Precision M3800 should be compatible.
|Model||Part #||Capacity||Typical Life||$USD||$AUD|
|top-tier||7D1WJ||91 wHr (9-cell)||7-9 hours||~$160?||?|
|low/mid-tier||??||61 wHr (6-cell)||3.5-5 hours||?||?|
Interested in trading out your config for someone else's? Put your name/contact info here:
|PrplHaz4||NotebookReview PM||My 61wHr + 2nd HDD hw for your 91wHr||2/16/2014|
Write the second section of your page here.